AIS is a Guidance Center for prospective adoptive parents
Consider AIS your own personal adoption professional who will walk with you every step of the way in your adoption journey. From finding the right adoption agency or attorney, to working with birth mothers in states with favorable adoption laws, we’ll be your guide and advocate. We provide direction and guidance regarding adoption procedures, legal issues and the home study process.
You’ll have our insight as you work with agencies with whom we have longstanding relationships. We know exactly what they need and can help you quickly move through their steps to be ready to receive a match to a birth mother. We will also serve as a buffer between you and the placement agency, handling difficult situations or communicating with the agency on your behalf when necessary.
We have a team of professionals consistently working hard to simplify the adoption process for you. With AIS, our expert adoption consultants guide you through the entire adoption process, usually in 6-12 months. AIS represents the adoptive parents by providing education, referrals, advocacy, assessment and support services.
At AIS we…
- Help you create a polished, photo web-based lifestyle presentation/profile that presents you as an active, loving family who is ready to accept a child into your heart and home.
- Educate you on issues that may be a part of the health & social history of the birth mother or birth parents. We tell you what to expect & give our advice as you decide whether or not you can “tolerate” certain issues & feel confident presenting your profile for the birth mother to consider.
- Connect you with a licensed home study agency in your area to complete the required paperwork process. We tell you what to expect & prescreen any sensitive background issues that you may have (minor arrests, medical concerns or other issues) so you will be successful in receiving an approved home study.
- Research adoption agencies and attorneys who fit within your budget, who reflect your personal desires, and who are located in states where the laws are most favorable for you.
- Refer you to nationwide adoption agencies with whom we have established relationships, giving you more birth mother opportunities to review and shortening your wait time.
- Help with Risk Assessment involved in birth mother situations that come directly to you from agencies where we have helped you become active and “in-house.”
- Review opportunities from licensed adoption agencies who come to AIS to find families for specific birth mothers. As an AIS client, you don’t have to apply or pay any upfront fees to some agencies to be considered by their birth mothers.
- Represent YOU, our client, and are not affiliated with any adoption agency, attorney or state agency. We always have your best interests at heart.
- Take pride in the partnerships we make with couples and singles who are ready to adopt. We are accessible, responsive and supportive. We are also honest and give you the truth about adoption and birth mothers to prepare you for the unexpected.
- As adoptive parents ourselves, we are empathetic to the emotions involved in the process and are here to support and counsel you.
For Returning Clients we provide our full services for a reduced fee. What we have found is that every adoption is different and even our experienced families need guidance as they renew their home studies, update their profiles/lifestyle presentations, and connect with agencies and attorneys so they can again be successful in expanding their families.
The Family Profile or Lifestyle Presentation
A key ingredient in domestic adoption is creating your family profile or lifestyle presentation. The birth mother will choose who she wants to parent her baby by looking through several profiles. AIS guides you in creating an exceptional profile through our critique of your photos and written text. Our clients’ profiles are often chosen before those of families outside of AIS. We also offer an optional layout and design service for an additional fee if extra help is needed.
Ready to get started on your adoption journey to your special child?