AIS provides prospective adoptive parents education, advocacy, assessment, referrals, and support services.
Consider AIS your own personal team of adoption professionals who will walk with you every step of the way on your adoption journey. We provide direction and guidance regarding adoption procedures, expectant mother opportunities, the home study process and more.
You’ll have our insight as you work with agencies, attorneys and other placement resources with whom we have longstanding relationships. We know exactly what they need and can help you quickly move through their steps to be ready to receive a referral and match to an expectant mother. We will also serve as a buffer between you and the placement resources, handling difficult situations or communicating with them on your behalf when necessary. While their focus is on the expecting parents, the AIS Team is focused on YOU!
Our team of professionals is consistently working hard to simplify the adoption process for you. We provide an individualized plan with small, manageable steps for you to follow. AIS keeps up with the changing landscape of adoption while guiding you on the most efficient path to success.
At AIS we…
- Help you create a polished, web-compatible profile to be presented to expectant mothers that reflects you through photos and text as an active, loving family who is ready to accept a child into your heart and home.
- Educate you on issues that may be a part of the health and social history of the expecting parents. We tell you what to expect and give our advice as you decide whether you can “tolerate” certain issues and feel confident presenting your profile.
- Connect you with a licensed home study agency in your area to complete the required paperwork and interview process. We tell you what to expect and prescreen any sensitive background issues that you may have (arrests, medical concerns or other issues) so you will be successful in receiving an approved home study.
- Connect you with adoption agencies, attorneys and placement resources that fit within your budget and have been successful in providing placements for other AIS families like you.
- Help with assessment of expectant mother situations that come directly to you.
- Review and forward to you opportunities from referral resources who come to AIS to find families for specific expectant mothers. As an AIS client, you don’t have to apply or pay any upfront fees to most resources to be considered by their expectant mothers.
- Represent YOU, our client, and are not affiliated with any adoption agency, attorney, state agency or other placement resource. We always have your best interest at heart.
- Take pride in the partnerships we make with couples and singles who are ready to adopt. We are accessible, responsive and supportive. We are also honest and give you the truth about adoption and expectant mothers to prepare you for the unexpected.
- As adoptive parents ourselves, we are empathetic to the emotions involved in the process and are here to support and counsel you.
For Returning Clients we provide our full services for a reduced fee. What we have found is that every adoption is different and even our experienced families need guidance as they renew their home studies, update their profiles and connect with placement resources so they can again be successful in expanding their families.
The Family Profile
A key ingredient in domestic adoption is creating your family profile or lifestyle presentation. The expectant mother will choose who she wants to parent her baby by looking through several profiles. AIS guides you in creating an exceptional profile through our critique of your photos and written text. Our clients’ profiles are often chosen before those of families outside of AIS. We also offer an optional layout and design service for an additional fee if extra help is needed.
Ready to get started on your adoption journey to your special child?
Just want more information on Profile Services?